Ashland Productions is a 501(c)3 theatre arts organization serving the Eastern Metro and Greater St. Paul/Minneapolis area
Ashland Productions empowers young people to find their voice by igniting the creative mind, fostering the security of belonging, and developing performance and leadership skills through multi-generational mentorship, excellent theatre productions and arts education.
We view Theatre as a reflection of life. Like life, the creation of art is a cycle of growth and development, individual inspiration and teamwork, and continuous mentorship. We strive for our theatre community and our programs to create a sense of belonging. Ashland is a safe place for all to stretch, stumble and strive; a challenging place where struggle is embraced and success is celebrated. We are an encouraging place where differences are valued and all are welcome. At Ashland, Mentors inspire and encourage Learners and Learners aspire to be Leaders and Mentors. This philosophy fosters great performing artists and, more importantly, exceptional people. We believe artistic excellence is the result, not the goal, of our artistic and arts education process.
We Value Kindness and Integrity
- We believe kindness must be at the core of everything we do.
- We believe in inclusion and providing a welcoming and safe environment for all.
- We believe everyone is important and all deserve equal respect.
- We believe Ashland must be run with integrity, compassion, and fiscal responsibility.
We Value Mentoring and Growth
- We believe intentional multi-generational mentoring helps young artists become strong voices in our community.
- We believe resilience is an essential ingredient to success and the greatest growth may come through stumbling, falling, failing, and ultimately, overcoming.
- We believe in the Ashland philosophy of Mentors inspiring and encouraging Learners and Learners aspiring to be Leaders and Mentors.
- We believe young people can achieve great things with feedback, encouragement, and high expectations.
We Value Individuality and Teamwork
- We believe individuals are greater when working together as a team.
- We believe the things that make you different are the things that make you powerful.
- We believe Theatre is a medium through which children and adults can learn more about themselves and society to be better citizens.
- We believe for young people to grow they should always be challenged to be the best version of themselves.
We Value Creativity and Excellence
- We believe artistic excellence is a result, not the goal, of the creative process.
- We believe in providing an outstanding experience for all members of our community: participants and their families, volunteers, and audience.
- We believe young people deserve the opportunity to participate in all areas of theatre arts.
- We believe creativity is an essential requirement of a well-rounded individual.