Professional Mentoring Program:
Purpose: To offer a high school student photographer the opportunity to work alongside Ashland’s resident photographer, and further develop skills in theater photography and headshots. The student photographer will gain invaluable professional experience working with clients, as well as develop a greater understanding of the shooting and editing process.
Process: A high school student will work directly with Twin Cities Headshots, Ashland’s resident photographer, to take headshots for the Ashland ACT! production of Musicville.
- Student photographer will attend two headshot photo sessions (2 hours each) for the student cast and will be given personalized instruction by photographer.
- Student photographer will participate in 5 hours of coaching for editing the images at their studio or at a neutral location.
The headshots will be printed and hung in the lobby during the Ashland cast’s
performances of Musicville. Student photographer will receive photo credits in the lobby and in the program.
Specific head shot shoot dates will be determined based on the availability of our student photographer and Twin Cities Headshots. They will take place on a Tuesday or Thursday from 5:00-6:30pm during Musicville rehearsals.
- Candidate should have amateur experience shooting portrait photography &/or headshots.
- Candidate should have a genuine desire to learn and develop skills relating to headshot photography.
- Candidate should be well-organized, present himself/herself professionally, and accept feedback constructively.
- Candidate must have flexibility in his/her schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm to ensure scheduling shoot dates is possible.
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by Friday, December 9 .
One applicant will be chosen for the Musicville opportunity, but all applicants will be kept on file for future similar opportunities.
Candidate does not need to own their own equipment. All equipment is provided by Twin Cities Headshots.
Please contact Christina with any questions.