Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: Part-time including evenings and weekends
Ashland Productions seeks a House Manager to oversee front of house management and to provide general administrative and event support at a growing theatre organization. The House Manager is an integral position for Ashland Productions with oversight of all front of house activities during all Ashland productions and events. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with proven theatre house management experience to work with theatre staff, volunteers, and patrons. The House Manager will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for supervising volunteer ushers and other volunteers of that nature.
The House Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively support Ashland Productions mission.
- Serve as Ashland Productions liaison with all audience members.
- Perform house management duties during Ashland Productions performances.
- Secure, coordinate, train, schedule, and oversee the use of volunteers to perform the following house management functions: ushering, ticket taking, concession sales.
- Maintain accurate records of all volunteer ushers and related forms.
- Oversee the content of communications to volunteers; i.e., volunteer usher emails.
- Manage the process for obtaining all concessions supplies for re-sell and house management supplies like flashlights, name badges, etc., within budget supplied by the Managing Director.
- Maintain accurate concessions donation reports and performance attendance numbers.
- Manage coordination and set-up/take-down of opening night parties for each show, season announcement event, and other receptions (talkbacks, meet and greets, etc.).
- Help maintain a clean office environment before and after events.
- During and just prior to performances, be able to provide basic office tasks, such as photocopying, data entry, and filing.
- Provide courteous, well-informed customer service to all stakeholders of the company and other segments of the public; resolve problems diplomatically.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This part-time position works during the evening and some matinees.
- Location: Maplewood Community Center, 2100 White Bear Ave. Maplewood, MN 55109
- Ranges between fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) hours per week during performance weeks, includes evenings and weekends.
- Schedule/Ability to work ALL Ashland Productions performances and events (4-7 show weeks per year, scheduled in advance).
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Computer savvy, experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Two (2) or more years of box office work and/or management.
- Ability to multi-task in a sometimes fast-paced, but always fun, environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Not required, but a major plus: Experience with Patron Manager or Salesforce CRM software.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience working with diverse communities and an ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
- Personal enthusiasm, optimism, and sense of humor.
- Familiarity with local arts scene preferred.
Hourly position. Compensation: DOE. No benefits.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to Elisa Olson, Managing Director at email@example.com